Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dancing for the Real Stars Instructor Spotlight: Kit Tidwell

The wait is almost over!  Dancing for the Real Stars will be this Saturday, October 5th at the Celebration Event Center in Justin, Texas.  The hot Texas sun is moving away and it’s that time of the year the weather makes you want to dance!  And we’re going to!  Dancing for the Real Stars promises to be a night filled with fun, dancing, and raising money and awareness for a lot of great local charities and causes.

We’ve had a lot of fun introducing our dance contestants and instructors over the past several weeks and today we will be shining the Huffines spotlight one last time on Dance Instructor Kit Tidwell!

Kit Tidwell

Currently a Math/Science teacher at Sudie Williams Elementary School, Kit Tidwell has even been spotted dancing the hallways there as well!

“I have always loved to dance and did social dancing without instruction until 24 years ago.  I owe the “horrible date” a tremendous amount of gratitude for telling me he couldn’t dance with me because I didn’t know how.  The same week I enrolled in progressive double two classes and West Coast swing classes.  I never have stopped taking dance classes.  Today my repertoire is more variety of dance genre.  I still love Country and West Coast, but I also love Ballroom and am learning Argentine Tango.  

In 2011, I was certified to teach Dancing Classrooms of North Texas, which is teaching Ballroom dancing and etiquette to elementary school age boys and girls.

I am not a competition dancer, but a learned social dancer.  Dancing is one of my passions and I like that I have a variety of dances to choose from.  I cannot claim to love one dance more than the other.  I have fun with dancing and have been known to make up my own moves with some partners.  Dancing makes me smile and forget there are any challenges outside of the dance floor.”

We certainly look forward to seeing Kit and all the other instructors and contestants this Saturday and we hope everyone will attend this great event as well.  

The event is this weekend so be sure to call 972-538-7126 right away for tables or tickets and don’t miss out on this great evening.  For more information you can read about it here.

And be sure to visit Huffines Chevrolet Lewisville at 1400 South Stemmons Freeway in Lewisville, Texas or give us a call at 972-538-7000 today and get set up to ride to the Dancing for the Real Stars in style!


No comments:

Post a Comment